Health and Safety
LeoDental has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where team members can discuss the challenges they face at work for the best interests of our patients. For patient safety we:
- Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines including those from NHS England
- Use dental instruments that are single use, single patient use or are sterilised after each patient use
- Decontaminate work areas including the dental chair, hand held equipment and cupboard handles, in between patients
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Monitor practice water for quality. Dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear
- Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate carriers
- Take expert advice if a team member may have a blood borne infection. The team member will have an occupational health examination and follow professional advice on their role in treating patients
All our team members are trained in safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and follow the practice safeguarding procedures, which are regularly monitored and reviewed.
As a member of CODE, the practice is kept up to date with the latest guidelines, good practice and regulations. We run a continuous improvement programme called iComply and we meet high standards of patient safety, care and service.
The Practice Owner (Dr Kunal Shah) has overall responsibility for the practice. The team is supported through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. The practice always welcomes questions, comments and suggestions from patients.
Please contact LeoDental if you have any questions or concerns.